Our client is looking for an actuary with a keen interest and preferably experience in the climate risk and ESG space. Climate risk has emerged as a top priority risk to governments and insurance companies. The immense challenges posed by climate change include how to integrate climate risk management and measurement, design regulations, meet global and local regulations, and balance investor and stakeholder demands.
We are looking for actuaries who are enthusiastic about client change and can bring climate risk expertise and experience to service large array of our client.
About the role
- Use of actuarial analysis to consider how climate-related matters will underpin and influence how organisations can create long-term value and strategies.
- Engage closely with Climate Risk management and stakeholders to lead a wide range of consulting projects involving the assessments of climate risk and exposure management.
- Develop and maintain innovative approaches for the identification and quantifying of natural hazard and climate risks for the company’s clients to inform their business decisions.
- Conduct exposure management by utilising catastrophe risk models and supporting the Strategic Risk Consulting team.
- Contribute to the development of materials, tools and methodologies to support our climate risk proposition for use in client meetings, engagements, events, and broader thought leadership. Collaborate with global stakeholders on the development and coordination of climate risk offerings.
- Manage one or more client engagements or components of large-scale engagements, delivering high quality climate risk support to our clients.
- Ensure effective management of the risks and financials of engagements.
- Build and maintain strong relationships with middle to senior level staff internally and externally.
- FIAA or equivalent preferred.
- Strong understanding of how investors and analysts review and use ESG information to inform decision-making.
- Prior experience with climate risk assessment, physical and transitional risk, and/or catastrophe modelling, in particular applications outside of the insurance is preferred.
- Experience in TCFD Disclosures.
- Keen understanding of relevant Australian and Global regulations, policies and corporate institution guidelines in the climate risk and regulation space.
For further information or to apply for this role please contact Cynthia Shen on +65 8201 2428 or firstname.lastname@example.org.