Our client is looking for a Prophet Manager to be part of the Actuarial Systems team in Sydney. This is an exciting opportunity to join a leading Life Insurer in Australia to support their BAU development and enhancements of actuarial systems.
About the role
Prophet Projection Modelling
- Lead requirement workshops and prepare model design documents that meet Group Risk valuation (MoS and AASB17) needs
- Become the Subject Matter Expert (SME) on FIS Prophet Libraries
- Design integrated solutions for IBNR reserve, profit share and Group Risk cashflow modelling
- Prepare development environment and perform Prophet coding
- Work with Project data stream leads and Group Risk Valuation Actuaries to develop controlled and repeatable model inputs processes for Group Risk AASB17 Models sourced from strategic data platform
- Extend input controls process using FIS Assumption Management to include new Group Risk AASB17 Models
- Build mapping to integrate new Group Risk AASB17 models into Insurance Data Repository (IDR)
Finance System Support
- Support the Head of Actuarial Systems and team in the provision of Finance Operational services including:
- Take a leading role in setting the technical design and coding standards for the team
- Continuously develop as well as reinforce the Actuarial Systems Teams risk controls
- Qualified actuary (or nearly qualified) with 7+ years of Life insurance experience.
- Strong product knowledge for L&H knowledge and experience with Prophet (programming language and software operation); strong technical skills in programming and data analysis.
- Knowledge and/or experience with new account standard IFRS17/AASB17 preferred.
- Experience using SQL preferred.
- Experience with Atlassian software workflow and documentation tools – JIRA and Confluence preferred.
- Excellent communication and problem-solving skills. Ability to sense check complex results.
For further information or to apply for this role please contact Cynthia Shen on +65 8201 2428 or firstname.lastname@example.org.