An exciting opening has arisen with our client to lead a team of enthusiastic professionals with a unique insight into the Australian life insurance industry and provide expert actuarial advice on a wide range of regulatory matters.
This role provides a unique opportunity to contribute to projects that shape the practices and prudential regulation of life insurers. You will collaborate with a wide range of industry stakeholders and have an opportunity to be involved in policy related work.
Working alongside other specialists, this role has responsibility for:
- Managing a team of life insurance specialists
- Engaging with internal and external stakeholders to develop and deliver quality insurance and actuarial advice
- Contributing to the development of prudential standards and guidelines
- Assessing insurer practices to address key risks, which includes undertaking off-site and on-site reviews
- Developing and implementing activities that contribute to sound supervision outcomes pursuant to the mandate of the regulator
To be successful in this role you will have:
- Proven and well-developed people management skills plus be FIAA (or equivalent) combined with highly developed technical expertise in life insurance matters
- Proven track record of successful stakeholder engagement
- Substantial organisational, self and team priority management skills
- Demonstrable high-quality communication, negotiation and interpersonal skills
- Project management experience including leading an actuarial team and managing projects simultaneously
For more information or to apply for this role, please contact John Killick on email@example.com