- 12-month contract with possible extension up to 12 months
- Australian Citizen Mandatory
- Canberra/Sydney/Melbourne Based
The request seeks to engage experienced sellers who have capability to provide an EL1 Economic Modeller and Insights who will be accountable under broad direction to undertake very complex work that delivers quality outcomes across the Economic functions of the department.
The position is an important team leadership position within the department and will have delegated authority and responsibility to resolve issues and risks across wide-ranging activities of substantial depth involving significant detail. The role requires providing leadership, control, planning, resource management, performance management and decision making for the Team Membership and assigned Contractors working within the work area.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Leading and conducting the development of partial equilibrium modelling, economic analysis, and the setting and management of market interventions, including price controls.
- Providing quantitative evidence to support the development and implementation of the department’s market and pricing strategies including interventions, monitoring and stewardship.
- Working collaboratively and effectively across teams and departments as this work is likely to involve collaboration with Treasury, the Department of Social Services, and possibly consultants and academics.
- Leading the development of the partial economic modelling framework.
- Providing project management oversight for the development of key projects, mainly economic model development.
- Tertiary qualifications in economics or econometrics.
- Minimum 3 years of applied economic policy experience.
- Experience in any of the advance statistical package such as SAS, R, STATA, SPSS or similar.